MONMOUTH GENEALOGY RESEARCH SERVICES
MONMOUTH COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
HISTORY OF ABERDEEN TOWNSHIP:
came into existence in 1978, when
Matawan Township changed its name to Aberdeen Township, to
distinguish itself apart from neighboring Matawan Borough.
Today about 17,000 people live in the 5.45 square miles of Aberdeen
Township, making it a densely populated suburban area of Monmouth County.
Today Aberdeen Township is divided
into Cliffwood, Cliffwood Beach and Strathmore sections.
LOCATION OF ABERDEEN TOWNSHIP:
Aberdeen Township has about 2 miles of shoreline along the
Raritan Bay. It also borders
the towns of Matawan,
It is about 38 miles south of
New York City and about 67 miles west of Philadelphia.
Municipal offices are located at 1
Aberdeen Square, Aberdeen Township, New Jersey, 07747. Telephone
(732) 583-4200; fax (732) 290-3171.
VITAL STATISTICS AT ABERDEEN TOWNSHIP:
Certified copies of birth,
marriage certificates or death certificates
are available through the Aberdeen Health Department for a fee.
If a person lived in Aberdeen and got divorced after 1978,
a copy of the divorce decree is
available for a fee through the Family Division of Monmouth County
Offices in Freehold, New Jersey, at
RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS IN ABERDEEN TOWNSHIP:
- Basilian Fathers of Mariapoch Byzantine Catholic, 360 Monastery Lane, (732) 566-8445
- Bayshore Bible Fellowship Church, 314 W. Prospect Ave., (732) 290-7111
- Bayview Presbyterian Church, Greenwood Ave., (732) 566-3694
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church, 491 Lloyd Rd., (732) 583-9759
- Community Church of Christ Apostolic Church, 8 Roosevelt Ave., (732) 566-0322
- Cross of Glory Lutheran Church, 95 Cambridge Dr., (732) 583-1118
- Harvest Time Worship Center Assemblies of God, 63 Cliffwood Ave., (732) 583-0801
- Matawan United Methodist Church, 478 Atlantic Ave., (732) 566-2996
- Mount Moriah Baptist Church, Center St., (732) 566-1248
- New Light Southern Baptist Church, 233 Center St., (732) 566-0233
- Overseas Chinese Mission-Jireh Church Inc., 478 Atlantic Ave., (732) 583-5484
- Providence Baptist Church, Third St., (732) 566-4430
- St. Mark African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, 218 Delaware Ave., (732) 583-3697
- Temple Shalom, 5 Ayrmont Lane, (732) 566-2621.
A reformed community established 1963. For genealogical research,
their Shalom newsletter includes Bar Mitzvah and Bat Mitzvah information.
- Temple Beth Ahm, 550 Lloyd Rd., (732) 583-1700.
A conservative community established 1963.
ABERDEEN TOWNSHIP CEMETERIES:
- Van Pelt Family Burying Ground - landlocked, with Revolutionary soldier Walter Hyer gravestone.
- Union Prospect Cemetery - Afro-American, with some Civil War markers
- Midway Green Cemetery - Afro-American, with some military markers.
nearby Monmouth County Cemeteries:
- Bay View Cemetery, 39 Ocean Blvd., Atlantic Highlands, (732)872-0663
- Fair View Cemetery, 456 Route 35, Red Bank, (732)747-1710
- Family Memorial Co., 103 Route 36, Keyport, (732)888-1101
- Forest Green Park Cemetery, Texas Rd., Morganville, (732)591-1501, established 1997
- Holmdel Cemetery, Holmdel Rd., Holmdel, (732)946-9393
- Maplewood Cemetery, 169 W. Main St., Freehold, (732)462-5665
- Mount Olivet Cemetery, 100 Chapel Hill Rd., Red Bank, (732)741-5516
- Old Tennent Cemetery, 454 Tennent Rd., Tennent, (732)446-9238
- St. Gabriel's Cemetery, Route 520, Marlboro, (732)946-8494
- St. Joseph's Cemetery, Broadway, Keyport, (732)264-9155.
nearby FUNERAL HOMES:
- Bedle Funeral Homes, 212 Main St., Matawan, (732)566-1962
- Childs Funeral Home, 364 Shrewsbury Ave., Red Bank, (732)741-3505
- Day Funeral Home, 361 Maple Place, Keyport, (732)264-1352
- Monmouth Memorial Funeral Homes, 1027 Route 34, Matawan, (732)566-4444
- Shalom Chapels, 1027 Route 34, Matawan, (732)566-0868.
- Bayshore Community, Holmdel
- Centrastate Medical Center, Freehold
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch
- Riverview Medial Center, Red Bank.
nearby NEWSPAPERS for obituaries:
- Asbury Park Press, 1876-2002, unindexed, microfilmed,
at Asbury Park Library, (732)774-4221
- Matawan Journal, 1865-1973, indexed, microfilmed, at
Matawan Library, (732)583-9100
- Red Bank Echo (African American), 1904-1937, unindexed, microfilmed, at
Red Bank Library
- Red Bank Register, 1878-1991, unindexed, microfilmed, at Red Bank Library, (732)842-0690.
Thank you for visiting this website.
Hope you find it helpful.
This information is supplied by George Joynson, who is available to do more genealogy research for you.
For more information on Joynson's research services, please visit
Genealogy Research Services
or email George or call 1(732) 239-0118.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Last updated April 2010.