MONMOUTH GENEALOGY RESEARCH SERVICES
MONMOUTH COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
HISTORY OF MATAWAN BORO:
The Borough of Matawan was incorporated 1895, formed from part of Matawan Township.
Today the Boro of Matawan is called Matawan.
See Matawan Township
for information on the area pre-1895.
LOCATION OF MATAWAN BORO:
Matawan Borough is between Old Bridge and Aberdeen, more to follow
VITAL STATISTICS AT MATAWAN BORO:
Certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates may be available through the Health Department.
Records are spotty; some pages and some years are missing. Births from 1921 to present,
marriages from 1940 to present and deaths from 1940 to present may be available.
RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS IN MATAWAN BORO:
- Church of God, 147 Lower Main St., (732)765-8080
- First Baptist Church, 232 Main St., (732)566-7515
- First Presbyterian Church, Rt. 34, (732)566-2663
- Saints Stephen and Paul, 228 Jackson St., (732)583-7279
- Second Baptist Church, 45 Orchard Street, (732)566-9135
- St. James AME Zion Church, 100 Atlantic Ave., (732)566-3373
Trinity Episcopal Church, 18 Ryers Lane, (732)591-9210.
MATAWAN BORO CEMETERIES:
Mount Pleasant Cemetery,
corner of Main St. (Rt. 79) and New Brunswick Ave. (Rt. 516),
400 gravestones; transcriptions recorded by Stevenson Enterline and Trevor Kirkpatrick.
- Philip Freneau Cemetery, Poet Drive.
Rose Hill Cemetery, Ravine Drive; indexed 3,000 listings by Carolyn B. Heuser.
- St. James A.M.E. Zion Historic Church Cemetery,
- Robertson Scotch Burial Ground, possibly Hillside Avenue.
- Little Family Burying Ground,
MATAWAN BORO FUNERAL HOMES:
- Bedle Funeral Home, 212 Main St., (732)566-1962
- Monmouth Memorial Funeral Homes, 1027 Rt. 34, (732)566-4444
- Shalom Chapels, 1027 Rt. 34, (732)566-0868.
Thank you for visiting this Monmouth County
Genealogy Research Services page.
is available for your genealogy research at tel/fax 1(732) 239-0118.
Last updated April 2010. Hope to hear from you soon!